Thursday, April 24, 2014

She Laughs

Years ago, my brother met this girl (she's quite a bit younger than us), she had this adorable little girl, then not terribly long later, they decided to get married & had a baby together, but she & I never really bonded... you see we just didn't have much in common and didn't click.
Stuff & junk happened over the next few years and they divorced. Flash forward, different stuff & junk happened and we are friend, it's amazing how that happens... and I really think she's a great lady.
Recently I received a graduation invitation from her for college!

And I am So Unbelievably PROUD of her!
This is for Melody :-)


And her graduation invitation is hung on our refrigerator

Here's my inspiration.. Fusion Card Challenges
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Ink & butterfly colored with Copic Markers
Chipboard Chevrons - UmWow Studio
Colored with StazOn

20 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love the way you did the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so amazing how life circles around sometimes, isn't it? your card is so pretty and she will love it!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card! Love how you colored the sentiment and that background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the chevron. Great card, sure to be treasured. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take on the challenge what a rockin' card! Isn't it fun how things and people can come together - congratulations to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the colorful chevrons and the sentiment. Your story reminds me of the phrase: People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your background. Awesome card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula this is so great. I really love the background and your story. Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my chevrons…love this, Paula. I loved it when you shared it on FB and I love it on your blog too! Happy Weekend to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, Paula. Great chevron bg and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to repeat the chevrons, love the colored sentiment with the colorful butterfly!
    hugs, JoyceAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card. I like the colorful chevrons. TFS An'Jenic

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card and so glad you're friends now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great story! Love your fun and bright chevrons on this card. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoops, I shouldn't be commenting so late ... I meant to thank you for joining the Fusion Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great card, Paula, but I like the story even better. Isn't life wonderful?!?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous story. I absolutely love how you've inked up this fabulous sentiment for her. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great FUSION card. Love your chevrons.

    ReplyDelete