Monday, July 30, 2018

You Stack Up!

Brutus Monroe has such great stamp designs but
that isn't all, the cardstock is beautiful!

Starting with Tea Time Stamp Set and 6 colors of B.M. cardstock

I stamped the stacked teacups on all 6 colors plus white using

I cut each image

not just that, I cut each cup from each color then restacked them all

Again I stamped the stacked cups, this time 6 times on plain white cardstock. 
Using Brutus Monroe Craft Glue, I reassembled each and cut them out.

These funky stacked circles seemed like the perfect match for the stacked teacups.

I also decided no stack of  teacups should be without a doilie. I used 
the Leah - Mandala Die from Brutus Monroe and thick white cardstock. 

After choosing which cup stack I was using, I strategically cut each
color, the largest cut from a 5.25x5.25 black square to next the piece back
together in.

With so many colors in the image, I thought the sentiment should be kept simple
but needed a little bit extra, embossing time! I used the Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink

This sparkley white ribbon seems to hold it all together plus
a few drops of Nuvo Glitter Drops and a bit
of Clear Nuvo to make the straw stand out!

Monday, July 9, 2018

To Have and To Hold

I am so excited to be a Guest Designer for Brutus Monroe during the month of July!
Thank you so very much for this opportunity and I hope I don't disappoint.
I'm using Rose Border Stamp set along with Detail Ink in Raven

After stamping image, I heat set the ink to make sure it was completely dry. Then I watercolored using a bit of water mixed in with the Surface Sprays I had sprayed on my Large Media Mat
and a small paintbrush to watercolor.

After stamping my chosen Sentiment on white cardstock, I trimmed it down to
1/2" wide then 'v' clipped both ends.

I knew I wanted a black cardbase so I created a liner and
chose a sentiment from the Super Sentimental Stamp Set

With all the pieces gathered together, I'm ready to assemble. Using Brutus Monroe Craft Glue I work from the top layer down, Rose Border onto stripped paper onto green cardsock, next the black ribbon is added and the sentiment strip, while that is dry I attach the liner inside the cardbase, and attach the assembled front of the black cardbase. Last I add a few Clear Bubbles and some miscellaneous sequins.