Monday, August 6, 2018

Monthly Stamping Fun

Did you know Brutus Monroe has a Stamp Club?
Did you know it's only $5?
Did you know you get a discount on other products just for being a member?

It's all true! Today is all about the STAMP CLUB!

Card #1:
 I started off with one Acrylic Bubble and a alcohol ink marker
simply painted it! The clear makes them so flexible for so many things,
I consider them a basic necessity

I stamped the Double Scoop image twice on Lunchbag Cardstock
and the sentiment once.
After fussy cutting one of the images out, I colored the other 
with Souffle pens but decided I really didn't like it.

So I moved on & colored the fussy cut image with alcohol markers.

Again, I really didn't like the outcome. I decided to color over the
fussy cut image using Distress Oxide inks and a tiny paintbrush.

Ahhh much better on the ice cream cone so I went ahead
and glued them together. Then using Silver Wire (from the Dragonfly Gardens
Inspiration Box) I made an "ice cream cone stand"
which I attached to my card face then filled in
with clear Nuvo drops!

I thought the cardface looked too flat. Using the
Sugar Cone Surface Ink Cube, I directly applied ink
to the top right & bottom left corners.

Using ribbon from my vast collection (I have boys, why do I have so much ribbon?)
The perfect embellishments came in the form of these three different colored
Pastel Pearls. Pairing a Sea Envelope to complete this sweet card! 

Card #2:

I kept super simple
I simply used dies & layered it up (ink distressing each layer as I went)
Unfortunately I have lost the other sentiment that came with this adorable image :-(


I failed to take photos while making this one because I was having so much fun!
But it is Super easy. I started with some Mixed Media paper which I sprayed with water.
Next I used Brutus Monroe's Surface Sprays in Phonebook, Rouge & Jurassic
and just the let colors run. After drying with a heat tool, I trimmed 1/8" off all
sides to get rid of the heavy pooled colors. I stamped the image, put a little water
on the vase and dropped a tiny bit of Cornflower Surface Spray, just letting
it bleed. I put it all together, finishing it off with some