Saturday, September 1, 2012

Resistance is Futile

say what?  no no, that's not it... give Resisting a try!  that's more like it!  Our Creative Corner weekly challenge this week via Lisa is to try doing a resist technique, she's even posted a few links if you need a tutorial, what a gal ;-)

Mine isn't the best example in the world... but I took the challenge & gave it the old college try

I used White Zing Embossing Powder on Glossy cardstock first, cut into 1" strips, then using a foam TH pad I layered on each color to build the depth on the color strips, next I added the strips to my cardbase, last I stamped the swirls behind the butterflies.

I also used Stars & Stamps Sketch #121

I love this butterfly from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge with the top layer covered in Stickles in two colors
Now go give it a try & make sure you follow ALL the rules:

1.) Resist Stamping (examples: Versamark, Embossing powder, gel, crayon)
2.)  Describe the technique you used somewhere on your post.
3.) Also, include Wings (Anything with wings or wings by themselves)
4.) This can be a card OR a project (all are welcome!)
Here are a few outside links to give you some inspiration for this technique.  How To Use Your Scraps & 4 Resist Techniques.

6 comments:

  1. Paula, terrific job on this challenge. I love the transition of swirls from the paper to the images. The texture of the resisting looks terrific and those wings are gorgeous!! Glad you gave it the ol' college go..it paid off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Paula, this card is fantastic! I love the beautiful color scheme and the pretty glittered butterfly. The embossed butterflies on the color strips are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello PAULA,
    You should not undermine your work, this card, using this technique, looks wonderful; your butterflies on those variegated hues just PoP!
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card - resistance is utterly futile - I give in, and I absolutely love the resist going across those stripes of colour!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula, I really like the colour combination, very cheery :) the butterflies are gorgeous too, especially the glittery green one!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Paula! The butterflies are gorgeous and I love your color pallete.
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete