Friday, June 22, 2012

Good-bye Crop Chocolate Design Team


For my farewell project to the Crop Chocolate Design Team, I incorporated the help of my handy husband to cut a few wood forms & a base for me... he was uber helpful, like a good husband ought to be!

I got hooked on Mod Podge, therefore HAD to use it!

I inked up the edges of the wood tree cut-outs, trunks with Walnut Stain & Canopies in Peeled Paint.

Printed Papers I used for Canopies:  Echo Park For the Record & My Mind’s Eye So Sohpie, My Mind’s Eye Lime Twist Fly a Kite, Bo Bunny Vicki B,EchoPark Victoria Gardens .

For the Trunks: Echo Park The Great Outdoors


For the Base: My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose

I cut all the tree canopies & trunks out on my cricut and inked up the edges using the same colors scheme as the wood cut-outs.

Then, using Mod Podge, I applied the paper cut-outs to the wood cut-outs.

Using the Fancy Pants Metal Frame collection, I chose the largest frame, traced around the handy dandy template that comes with it, inked up the edges & stamped our last name on it, using CTMH stamp set Felicity.


I tied a very long piece of Making Memories Lush Brown Ribbon thru the top loop of the frame.

Making Memories Paperie Greenhouse Sticker Alphas were applied to the canopies of the trees to spell out our first names.


I tied the brown ribbon around a couple of the tree canopies to hold the last name plaque.


Mod Podge Making Memories Dilly Dally Embellishment Box word strip to base.

using small glue dots, add buttons from Making Memories Paperie Mocha set to the center of flowers found in the Celebrate It Occasions Décor Flowers.

Add vine ribbon from May Arts intertwined around tree trunks & last name plaque, adhering using tiny glue dots.

                                I had to take it outside to get the best picture of the overall project.



Thank you Crop Chocolate for giving me the privilege of serving a year on the Design Team

6 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Really do---what a fab project, tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome Paula! Kudos to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome Paula! Kudos to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! I really enjoyed all of your projects (since last September, when I stumbled on cc!). Your ideas and style are an inspiration to me :)

    ReplyDelete