Saturday, October 27, 2012

happy halloween





Here's the challenge posted by fellow teammate, Marcy over on Our Creative CornerIn the "spirit" AND theme of Halloween, we will be using the MASKING technique!  HERE is a wonderful link for some inspiration.  Show us your scariest creation using this technique!









I started with a piece of 6-3/4"x4-3/4"Textured Purple Cardstock from CTMH, sanded off the bottom left corner, then embossed with Silver Zing.  Next I fussy cut a bat from the CTMH Beware Stamp set, then misted using Tattered Angels Purple, followed by same said bat stamped in black & the larger sentiment stamp as well.  I added a Gold Zing embossed moon & stars on top of the bat because I had a bit of a paper tearing in the wrong spot issue.

The top left corner started life as a piece of white cardstock, I fussy cut the witches legs temporary glued them down, then stamped the broom from the CTMH Stamp Set called Wicked, sprayed with the same purple mist, tore off the fussy cut legs & tossed that piece. I used Smooch in Brown to trace over the broom handle & spread a little of its shimmery goodness on the broom ends.  Next I used some green Smooch to color the witches socks, drew some "magic" swirls using two shades of purple Smooch.  I ripped the edges of both the top right corner piece & the base piece, leaving a bit of a gap on the left side of the top right corner piece.  Then I attached my temporary glued bat on top of the gap.  Last I took a piece of black web ribbon ( I think it's from May Arts, but it was a gift so I dunno), put a little twist in the middle of the ribbon, added a brad from Basic Grey to the middle & called it Done!

3 comments:

  1. Paula, I never would have thought the tear was in the wrong place had you not mentioned it. I think it's perfect on the card. Love that the broom is so detailed and flows across the gap and the bat looming over the whole show. The flourish and bats looks amazing and that eerie webbing of a bow with a button...AWESOME!!
    I absolutely love your Halloween card. :)
    Hugs and have a great weekend,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Paula!!!! This is brilliant - what a spooky piece! Every element screams Halloween! Those colors are so vivid and the ripping and tearing lends itself to a creepy feel! LOVE it! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - the web ribbon is amazing, and I love the sanding, ripping and tearing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete