Saturday, November 10, 2012

Stained Glass Cross



This week's Our Creative Corner challenge is to  "Make your ownn Background.... Absolutely no patterned paper allowed!"  so you know my first reaction, right?  bug-eyes with a big "SAY WHAT?!"  cuz y'all know how much I loves my patterned paper!

Last weekend I went to a scrapbook retreat in Branson, MO where I saw in someone's workarea this beautiful cross stamp, I told her how much I like it so she brought it to my table & let me stamp it off!  Well, of course I took advantage of that... oh let say a dozen times ;-) and I KNEW what I wanted to use it for... THIS challenge! wow, was I really thinking ahead.

so this is the detailed up close & personal pic for you to see the details... I'm loving it!




I stamped four Crosses using Memento Ink in Black on an 8.5x11 piece of cardstock

Sprayed with Tim Holtz Color Wash in Stream, Lettuce, Wild Plum & Purple Twilight (you'll see the purple in some of the later cards I'll post)

After allowing the Color Wash to dry for about 5 miinutes, I coated on pretty thick Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy

I allowed the Crackle Paint to dry for a few hours, then cut the four Crosses apart & down to size

Blue Brads - My Mind's Eye Lush Navy

Flowers - Imaginisce



Navy Ribbon - CloseToMyHeart


Bling Brad - American Crafts Elements

Lime Ribbon - Pebbles










6 comments:

  1. Hello Paula.
    You have made an excellent job with your Bg, I am thrilled with the results, I hope this has inspired you to branch out into making more of your own Bg's.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go, girl!! Thinking ahead like that and WOW, what a plan you had! I wish I could have gone to the stampathon in Branson, but it sounds like you had a BLAST!! Your cross cards are truly breath taking...I love the mixtures of colors and the brightness and joy it emits. :) The reason for the season and displayed so beautifully here!
    Hugs to you Paula and I hope you have a great week.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right! What a great cross! and I'm glad that you stamped it several times! I hope that you had a wonderful time @ your scrapbook retreat. I love how you did your background, and kudos to you for thinking ahead!
    I hope that your weekend was wonderful. hugs, sharon w.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you see... who on earth needs paper when you can create something this sensational!? Amazing backgrounds, so full of colour, life and texture - yum!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful background you created. And the layout is great! Love it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You created a wonderful background Paula! Love that cross and goes perfect with that bg.
    Hugs;)

    ReplyDelete