Thursday, November 13, 2014

Friendship Explored

Friends With Flair
is something I look forward to each & every week.
This week, while I've got my project all ready to go
I'm posting it the night before.
You see this weekend my younger son (13yo right now)
will be competing for a spot on
TaeKwonDo USA Team going to Italy next summer!
yes, you read that right...
Italy!
and he's already told me I can't go... we will be speaking on the subject again
once we find out if he makes the team or not
I'm too excited
I'm too nervous
I'm extremely proud


*for the background, I created the grid with a ruler & pen
because I can't randomly do squares
*it's just not in me
*then I filled those squares with Galetos in Cotton Candy & Pistachio
blend blend blend
*then I applied Gelatos in Black Licorice using the wedge shaped Faber-Castell thingy
*using Unity's Donna Downey Stamp Imagine It flourish with Spearmint,
I applied the Gelatos directly to the stamp & spritzed with water
stamped on background 4 times, spritzing between each
*next I cut a piece of vellum & stamped the sentiment from Unity's The Right Words using Staz-On
*again using the flourish, I inked it up using Brilliance in Pearlescent Sky Blue and
dabbed a bit of the Staz-On here & there, stamped on vellum
*using UmWow Studio circle mask with the Brilliance, I applied using my fingertip
*I placed one tiny Zot in each corner and a few around the parameter
before adding Queen & Company's Washi Tape
*last I glued it all down to a green cardbase

14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous saying,love your card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and background! Good luck to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, technique and colors. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, loving the texture on this Paula..... and yeah, I'm sure you'll be going to Italy. Jelli!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun use of the gelattos,I love using them.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the Gelatos and the washi -- and vellum. Great combo of products on this. And, proud Mama, congrats to that son of yours for even having the opportunity to try out for the team! Hope, hope, hope he makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card Paula :) I just can't get the hang of gelatos :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this great sentiment and it looks wonderful on the background you created. The touch of glitter is a fun touch - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous gorgeous card. love those fab teal colors. and holy cow... good luck to your son! even just to have the chance to apply is such an honor! congrats to him!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card! Goddluck to your son, Italy sounds like a dream

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy layers on your card! Love the touch of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete