Wednesday, June 5, 2013

very special Thank You

Operation Write Home's Midweek Throwdown is Water... which works out great since I got this fantastic Plate of Rubber from VivaLasVegas Stamps & hadn't used the Light House yet

For the Sky I used some Vellum but didn't like how it looked so I layered it twice, the smeared Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue which I think looks kinda cool

The water is a different Vellum that has little reflective flecks in it which I topped off with some Stickles in Waterfall.

Lighthouse Stamp is from VivaLasVegas Stamp Plate #923 stamped in Memento Cocoa Brown

Sentiment is also from VLV Stamps but this time a grab bag back when I won a pound of rubber, which I stamped in the same Pearlescent Sky Blue.

White lines I drew by hand using Jelly Roll pen.

Twine from The Twinery

4 comments:

  1. Love how you used the vellum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vellum is so fun- I used it too! I forget that I have lots of it in my stash--- you have given me more ideas! That lighthouse is so majectic- and I like that you drew in the beams of light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of vellum in this. I can never seem too make it work but I think vellum adds such a distinct dimension. You've given this card a great mixed media feel with your use of it. Nice job!

    Paula S.
    OWH Blog Team
    www.paulaposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete