Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Scrapbookpal.com Design Team Entry

Thought I'd run you thru making this shaped Wedding card, hope you like it.  Feel free to point & laugh!

Using my Gypsy and Wrap It Up Cartridge, I laid-out the Cricut Cutting Mat with the car-shaped card and all of the detail cuts at 5.3 width (height is set to link so it is proportioned with width). And made all of my cuts.


Papers Used: Making Memories Slice Metallic in Turquoise, Silver & Red, CloseToMyHeart Black & White

 
Using the Cricut Spatula, I carefully removed all cuts from the Cricut Cutting Mat and laid aside, throwing away any pieces that aren't needed.




Using Scissors, I cut a piece about 2"x1/2" from the Red Metallic paper & added for taillights, making sure none of the red shows on the sides.






Using Piercing Tool, I removed all tiny pieces of paper from the word & put the front sentiment thru the Xyron X.

They I assembled the car except the back window.







Using a Basic Grey stamp set and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Pumice Stone, stamped the inside sentiment.







Before attaching the back window, I sprayed it with Tattered Angels in Silver Sugar & Tattered Angles in Patina.





Before adding the silver to the tin cans "tied" to the bumper, I colored the turquoise paper with Staz-On to make them look more like soda cans.



Hope you found my little tutorial helpful!

Please let me know if you have any questions

1 comment: