Saturday, January 8, 2011

on a Roll

this weekend! 4 Craft Chicks weekly challenge is Travel, so I combined it with Twisted Cards Sketch #41 with a twist of Ribbon.

Here's my creation:
It's a Vintage Digi that I'm going to use for my dad, Jim's birthday. Twisted Cards said Ribbon was the twist... I've had this leather "ribbon" for a couple of years & always want to use it but it's hard to work into most of the cards I make... I love it with this image. Image was colored with my one set of Copic markers.
The MM Slice Metallic paper is perfect for chrome with the embossing folder I have. I distressed the edges of Metallic black paper for the background.
The finishing touch.. a compass brad I got from Oriental Trading Post!

7 comments:

  1. Great card. I love all the details. I think guy cards are the hardest to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula this is an amazing card. I love that digi and so would my dad! Stunning card and the metallic paper rocks. What a perfect card! Thank you so much for sharing this stunning card with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Hugs

    Tamie - 4CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and it is good to see you two weeks in a row!!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow nice to see you again...awesome job...The metal look, very cool! Thanks for Playing!

    Leanne 4 Crafty Chicks DT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula that is fantastic! I love the vintage look to your new card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool vintage card Paula! My Dad would also "appreciate" this sort of travel on a card :) Thanks for playing at 4 CC this week!

    ReplyDelete