Friday, October 17, 2014

I hate Cancer


I really hate cancer. so many friends & family have suffered and some have been lost.



This is in honor of all my girlfriends (too many to list) and my great great Auntie... my Aunt Leila was the matriarch of our family. She helped raise not only myself/cousins, but my mom/aunt/uncle AND my grandpa/great aunt. She is forever known for growing her own fruit to make a special jelly I named "LeilaBerry" and I can still see her face as clear as if she was standing in front of me. She passed when I was pregnant with my 16 year old but unfortunately I didn't know yet, what a joy it would have been for her had we known!




This one is for all the men I have known and know of going through treatments. Especially in remembrance of  Johnny, my dad's best friend when I was a kid who was like another father to me, we lost him years ago to breast cancer but no way was I making a pink card for a strong mountain man like him so I mixed together blues (for the sky & water) and green (for the grass & trees).









And this last card goes out to my sister Design Team Member, Sheryl, and her husband Leon, who is currently undergoing treatment. They have really been struggling financially but there is a fund set up to give them a hand.  Please consider going HERE to give them a little help!



All cards were made with Stencils (UmWow Studio & Tim Holtz) along with Gelatos and Unity Stamps

15 comments:

  1. I hate cancer too :( LOVE the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful set of encouraging cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thoughtful cards, and I know those who've been affected appreciate your support and caring with these pretty cards! I love the masculine version!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your cards, but especially the one for Johnny.... What wonderful colors !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection of cards. Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous trio of cards and beautiful tributes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the cards are BEAUTIFUL! I hate cancer too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these cards! The second one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete