Friday, December 27, 2013

having it all

It's FRIDAY!  and the very last Friday of the year, which makes me just a little sad but mostly I'm looking forward to the New Year.  2013 brought me much happiness, due to my sons and husband, but also much sadness with the loss of my job and having to "find myself" career wise. It's been an emotional journey to say the least with many many days of self-doubt, conflicts with my oldest friend due to my very changed financial situation and then the realization that I am so much happier NOT making as much money but having time to do things that bring my soul joy, like working with the youth at my church and volunteering at a food bank!  I love having the time to help my fellow people who need help. Plus I have learned just how much my boys and husband like having me home where I have the freedom to do things for them as well as myself, really frees up the weekend for us to just enjoy life instead of doing chores and working all weekend.  It is an amazing feeling!

Oh back to Friday... Friends with Flair from Unity Stamp Company which I combined with Unity's Color Combo Challenge and Pals Paper Arts #185 Sketch.... I made 5 of the darker pink ones & 3 of the lighter

Dot Paper - Canvas Corp

Vanilla Cardstock - CloseToMyHeart, edge punched with Martha Stewart punch

Blush & Cranberry Cardstock - CloseToMyHeart, embossed using a Cuttlebut folder in my Big Shot

Twine from The Twinery

Amazing Chippies  - UmWow Studio Heart Confetti

Sentiment Stamp - Unity Stamp Co. The Right Words

Ink - CloseToMyHeart Chocolate

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous embossing and stamping. Love the colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoot! These are fantastic! Love the chippie, love the embossing, the twine, the MS punch. Well, I guess I just really, really love these cards. And you. Happy New Year, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, absolutely wonderful cards, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards Paula. It sounds like you've had quite a journey this year. Hope that 2014 is just as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Love the embossing with the polka dot dp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card, especially for new year encouragement. Remember that God will not give you more than you can handle. So have faith and stay strong. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards-love the paper, plus all the little details that you lovingly chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are lovely! I'm glad that you have found peace in your choice to stay at home. It would be good for my soul too, but not feasible right now. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet set of cards, Paula. Great take on the Unity color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards!! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am seeing double. LOL. Love the cards series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! LOVE the sentiment! The little wooden hearts and embossed background look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paula, your cards are wonderful! Love the embossing folder with the little hearts! Thanks for being open about your year, we can all identify. So glad you played with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paula, I so admire you and thank you for sharing your story. It was very inspiring. Congrats on your new life and new journey! Both cards are fabulous! Love the stamp set. The sentiment is "just the right words" = ) Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts. I hope you play along with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards! Love your attitude towards life and of course I thoroughly enjoy being online scrappy "friends" with you and being able to view all of your incredible inspiration. Best wishes for a fabulous 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete