Monday, October 7, 2013

Day ONE of my Week!




yep, I'm Unity Stamp Company's Growing in Unity Gal of the Week this week :-)  WAHOOOO!  Today in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I used Unity's Fight Like a Girl Stamp Set. Although I personally know a great man this world  lost to breast cancer... he was my dad's best friend and like another dad to me as a child.  We camped together. We canoed together. We drank beer together (ok mine was just a pony beer but it made me feel very grown up and a part of the adults). We Jeeped together (yes one of my user names is JeepMama and I have a 2000 Wrangler). We laughed and laughed and laughed....







The Ink & Colored cardstock is from CloseToMyHeart called Hollyhock

Twine from The Twinery






Scribbles fabric paint



I also used Operation Write Home's current Sketch #193 to create this sweet little card.... ok, I'll confess, I made TWO!  I seem to always make multiples of the cards

26 comments:

  1. Love your card! I always make 2 while I am at it as well. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Paula! Looking forward to your GIU week to see all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Paula! Love the twine! Love the theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula. Super design with the boxing gloves and the cool background. Wonderful tribute to both men and women with this cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the background you created and the popped up gloves hanging from the twine! Congrats on being this weeks GIU gal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to visit your blog more often. I always find such treasures here! This is a wonderful card and great tribute to a special person in your life. Can't wait for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card for October! Congrats on your GIU week! Looking forward to checking in each day to see your creations!
    Reminds me to call and make that mammogram appt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your GIU week, Paula. Fun design and perfect for October's Breast Cancer Awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the wording is stamped and faded all over. So cool! I love this line of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Paula and such a worthwhile cause!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Paula! Congrats on being GIU gal! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and really inspiring. Love how you fussy cut the boxing gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! Love the stamping on the background paper and the fussy cut gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card that sends a powerful message.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome Desgin!! Love the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the twine wrap holding up the gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card. Love the design. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card and such a great way to make your own embellishments with the stamped image and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another great card, Paula, and yes...men can also get breast cancer...most folks don't even realize that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great dimension and texture!
    xxxx
    Riette

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card, Paula. Congrats on being GIU gal this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, Paula - perfect for October! Congrats, by the way, on being this week's GIU! :)

    ReplyDelete