Friday, September 17, 2010

My boy is going to NYC!

My oldest son is currently 12 and has been singing with the University of Arkansas Children's Choir for 3 years now. Spring 2010 part of the group went to Nashville to sing and while there they were heard by some big wig in the choiral community. After hearing them perform, they were invited to go to New York City in February of 2011. Last week we had tryouts for the 40 spots open to go, last night we got the good news! My son was one of the chosen and my husband will be going as well! Here is a recycled page you may have seen before of his choir from last year at the Walton Arts Center in Fayetteville.

My son is the tall dark-haired one. This year he sticks out a little more as he is currently 5'9 and still growing. Singing in the choir is a bit of a challenge for him due to his voice having already changed. But apparently he is very good!

He is multi-talented when it comes to music & has decided that he loves heavy metal, fine with me as I like it myself. He has an accoustic guitar that he has been playing for over two years and last Christmas we bought him an electric guitar that he is teaching himself to play. Here he is playing the guitar & singing along with Guitar Hero . Dh built him a mic stand so he could multi-task while playing.

This last part may sound silly but it isn't to him. He plays the tuba in the school band! This year being a 7th grader, he attends all home high school football games & plays with the senior high. While he doesn't like football much, he loves music!
If you're still with me, here's the point of this extremely long post.... I need fundraising ideas that a 12 year old boy would be willing to take part in. Throw em at me because we have to pay not only for my son to go but my husband as well - expensive! Thanks peeps!

3 comments:

  1. Woweee Paula, how exciting!!! Tell him congrats and I think that is wonderful! I will think of fundraising ideas and get back to ya!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These layouts totally ROCK! Fabulous job!

    We're looking for talented papercrafters like you to join us by entering exciting challenges at Papercraft Star. All the challenges are posted way in advance to give everyone a chance to get their project ready. The public and participants can vote for their favorite projects (that win People's Choice Awards) and we also feature fantastic give-aways from our sponsors. We hope you'll come over and join us today at http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com We're right in the middle of a $25.00 gift certificate give away just for becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just so Proud of your little guy! It will be an experience of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete