Friday, April 17, 2015

GIU 2015 - Day 5



Thank you all for joining me this week!
I truly enjoy using Unity Stamps,
they are one of my go-to suppliers.

For my finale, I created a 12x12 Canvas
that started out as a gift for a friend
but ended up completely different from where I started.
It started out being a riot of flowers in all shades of purples, lilacs & white with a bold blue background, but it completely sucked so I removed all traces of the Gelatos & started over with fresh gesso.

But now, well now 
I'm in love with it!


As soon as the gesso dried, I used this amazing 12x12 stencil & sprayed it with a mixture of
half & half of Airbrush Medium & Carbon Black.
Once that dried completely, I started layering on the following mixed about half & half with Glaze;
(all paint is from Golden)
Teal, Sap Green Hue, Green Gold, and Quinacridone/Nickel Azo gold.
Again I waited for all those layers to completely dry before adding Ultramarine Blue which was about 1/4 paint with 3/4 Glaze (it dried to this awesome glossy gel texture)
Using Unity Stamp Company's Wild Poppy Silhouette which I stamped in a mixture of 
arbon Black & Titanium White to create a gray.
With an UmWow Studio Diamond mask, I applied Super Heavy Gesso that once dried I coated with Faber-Castell's Glass Bead Giltter Gel.
I applied the Sap Green Hue onto Unity Stamp Company's Beautiful Elements &
stamped in the bottom right corner.
I splattered Naphthol Red Light onto the Poppies.
Then I hung it on my painting room wall!

21 comments:

  1. Awesome canvas, Paula. Beautiful words. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, I am assuming you are going to start again for your friend? LOL Its lovely at any rate EVEN if its IS on YOUR wall! haha Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula. I love how this turned out. That stenciled sentiment is AWESOME. There I go again with that word, but it is what it is. I love the poppies and the drips of blue. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the end product too 💗

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous creation! LOVE those colors and oh that background sentiment.....just ADORE it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fabulous stencil. Love this page. Great colours and drips. Thanks for sharing this week. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are quite the artist. I like all of the color that you added...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the fab layers! From what I've seen this week, I doubt the original was as bad as you thought, but this one is lovely and I'm sure she'll be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely! Great words, layering, and shapes. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say this is pretty much the crowning achievement of the week. Absolutely marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truely outstanding and unique.Love the background with the sentiment but I also loved the colors.Absolutely an original canvas.Thanks for a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the inspiring, creative message.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paula, awesome wrap up to your GIU week! Thanks for the mixed media inspiration today.. maybe I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic canvas. Thanks for sharing your projects this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is so impressive, from the stenciled words to the colors and through to the silhouette stamps. I haven't ever made a stamped canvas but I love home decor projects so this is really inspiring. Thanks for a great week of Unity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome job! Really wanna try a canvas some day! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really beautiful!! Love that stencil with the words about art. Awesome how you layered the colors and the flower silhouette and the diamond mask.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete