Friday, June 21, 2013

heartfelt thanks

I very recently got hooked on Washi Tape... seriously, I love this stuff!  My first Washi only order arrived Downtown Tape, placing an order with friends so we each only paid $1 for shipping :-) this week, I received 8 new rolls!  Previously I had received 2 rolls at a crop and immediately purchased a third.  For a long time I've had the Tim Holtz Tapes (butterflies, music, words & script) but I don't use them much, I don't know why.  But these colored Washi tapes are fabulous!  I ordered from.
Freshly Made Sketches #91 has a great little sketch right now, but I did make a small alteration by changing out the sketch's scallops for flowers

I'm also entering this in Unity Stamp Co.'s Friends with Flair!

So I just wrapped a piece of cardstock, alternating three different Washi tapes until the entire piece of cardstock was covered.  Followed that up by dry embossing dots.

I added a strip of adhesive to the back right edge, the applied flowers from Portafolia to the back of my embellished cardstock.

Next I created the little banner using some really CloseToMyHeart cardstock, sentiment stamp from Unity Stamp Co's Heartfelt Sentiments. I used Ink from CloseToMyHeart in Watermelon. Topped the banner off with another flower from the same collection along with a tiny brad from The Paper Studio.


18 comments:

  1. What a pretty card that shouts summer! Love the bright, happy colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your washi cards! The colors are so summer-y :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that project is very pretty Like all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh thats pretty!! i love the stamps, the colors, the flowers.. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very cute. I love washi tape too. Sometimes Pick your plum has great deals on washi tape. Every day they have something new. Check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really cute! Nice and bright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the summer colors. Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea love the washi and embossing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet cards! Love those fun, bright colours! Those little flowers are such a great embellishment. Love that washi tape! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful washi tape cards! I'm with you -- my TH tape gathers dust, but my washi tape gets used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just gorgeous, such pretty and eye catching colors and I love the wonderful texture and way you have the flowers peaking out from the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful..vibrant fresh card..love your washi!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love washi tape too... that's a great idea to share the S&H costs. loved the embossing in the beautiful tapes. Tks for the inspiration... I MUST do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovin' the tape and lovin' the curly flowers! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun, happy card! Love your idea to emboss after applying the washi.. will be trying that.

    ReplyDelete