Saturday, December 1, 2012

oh Santa!

Irena at Our Creative Corner has a fun challenge for us!  "Free image from this page - http://olddesignshop.com/2011/12/free-vintage-santa-greeting-card/  "Please do work in vintage style. Santa Claus must be! It should add something red (button, ribbon, brad)." Now you know, go check out that site & you will find freebies along with digis you can purchase... great stuff!  Personally I got a bunch of freebies to use :-)  Which means more than one item has been created for you to see!

For my tag base on all of these I used a mat board (like you mat photos in a frame).

Here's my first Santa, he is obviously going back to the North Pole to get to work on the gifts!

First I used my ATG to attach the digi to the mat, then I applied a coat of TH Distress Crackle Paint in Antique Linen but hated the colors with the digi, my 14-yo suggested painting the mat with silver paint, after it dried I applied a coat of TH Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.

Snowflake brads - Making Memories

Pale Blue Ribbon - clearance isle at Jo-Ann's



My Second Santa was probably the funnest because I love using dingle balls (yes I know that isn't their right name but that's what I call em)

I simply used the ATG to attach the digi to the black mat.

Using very thin Redline tape I attached the lime green dingle ball trim from Crate Paper's Peppermint Collection, just above that I added the smaller kelley green dingle ball trim from Making Memories Noel.  I topped the trims off with red glittered wire wrapped around the base ontop of the trims & at Santa's feet.  The remainder of the wire I thread thru the large eyelet & twisted, kinda like smoke from a chimney!

I finished this tag off with Gold Christmas Trim from Hobby Lobby.




My last Santa a couple of my sister DT members used this image so I didn't want to post it on Our Creative Corner's blog.

Again attached my digi to the base using an ATG.

I coated the black mat with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze in Flirty, immediately covered the TA with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy, set it aside to dry while making the last tag that does NOT qualify for the challenge because I didn't use Santa.

I warpped wide lace from Making Memories Noel, topped that with the narrow lace from the same collection.

Added this beautiful brad from CloseToMyHeart Mistletoe Accents.

Next I created the Stick Pin using Stampin Up's Pretties Kit, I colored the red Pearls using Tim Holtz Adirondack Alchohol Ink in Watermelon, topped it all off with a bit of seem binding.

Last thing was to add a bit of cream sparkly wire edged ribbon thru the eyelet.


Isn't she a cutie?  now you see why I felt the need to use her!

I covered the entire mat using TH Distress Crackle Paint in Antique Linen, then waited for it to completely dry.

Using the ATG I added the image onto the Crackle Paint.

I ran thin Redline tape along the bottom of the tag then added this beautiful brown velvet trim from Making Memories Noel. Next I inserted the sentiment which was cut from the back of the packaging from the trim.

Poinsettia Brads are from CloseToMyHeart Mistletoe Accents.

Topped the whole thing off with this sparkly edge red ribbon fed thru a brass eyelet.

4 comments:

  1. WOW..would you look at all these glorious tags!! I thought I was going to see two, but NOOOO...WOO HOO! You have been a very creative and crafty lady. :) These are all so wonderful Paula. The vintage flair pops right off of each of them and so many fantastic styles to choose from. I really love what you've created here!
    You certainly aided in spreaded the Christmas cheer into my home. :)
    hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Paula, you have created quite a tag-o-rama here, and all are absolutely delightful! Sensational work on the backgrounds and the vintage images and the embellishments you have selected really make them special. Thanks for sharing this huge dose of inspiration with our readers/players this week!

    Have a fabulous weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Paula I really love your tags! Each of them is very original and unique. You are so creative !!
    Have a wonderful weekend! You are an inspiration!
    Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...Everybody wows...Paula, your tags are awesome! Love these four different fabulous designs. Thank you for the great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete