Thursday, October 21, 2010

Challenges From The Attic #5 Think Pink

my other blog is Challenges From The Attic where I issue a weekly challenge with a monthly prize. For my first prize, Mr. Linky & I didn't quite see eye to eye on the cutoff time so I had two people, Wendy (Reprieve) & Tamie (Paper Infusions and More... ) who didn't actually get their cards posted... girls as soon as I get a button make, it's yours... it may just be a picture of my Jeep... everyone else, please go give them the kuddos they deserve for their pretty cards! Anywho, back to the business at hand. This week it's Think Pink in honor of my friend Dana who is just beginning her battle:
A few months ago I met Mel on scrapbook.com since we're both from Arkansas, we chatted about scrapping together & made a play date for ourselves. Melody brought along her sister Dana. At first sight I thought, this lady scraps?! No way... she isn't plump, she's got some of the longest legs you've ever seen... just didn't fit what I had in my head as "one of us". Let the bonding begin! We laughed, joked, got a little teary-eyed and became a little like sisters that day. Dana very recently was diagnosed and has begun going thur her options and making decisions. Her wonderful (real) sister, Melody, is organizing a Walk for Dana benefit on November 20 in Ft. Smith, Arkansas. I'm trying to help put together a silent auction item and maybe a few other things, plus work for them that day doing whatever they need me to do... Gopher?umWOWStudios SketchMania#16:
Products Used: printed papers-Cosmo Cricket & CTMH; cardstock, stamp set & ink-CTMH; Cricut with Gypsy and Cindy Loo cartridge; glitter (which wasn't dry at all when I took the pictures) glue-CTMH; Brad-Making Memories Rouge collection

3 comments:

  1. This is a very nice card. I am sure our scrap pal will appriciate it very much.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Paula, you have reduced me to tears sitting at my desk at work. Thank you so much...I'm touched and without words. You're an angel....love you girl...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Paula! Good for you helping with the Walk for Dana...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete